The “largest blade of grass in the world” (it belongs to the botanical family of grasses) is native to southeast Asia. In southern China, this giant reaches a height of up to 30 meters.
The culms reach 8 to 18 cm in diameter. The leaves are green, medium-large, 4 to 11 cm long and 0.5 to 1.2 cm wide and have a thick growth.
One culm can carry up to 100,000 leaves. This bamboo species forms many offshoots and is winter hardy up to -5 °F.
– native to Asia, particularly in Indonesia and China
– in nature, can grown up to one meter per day
– durable, can reach up to 40 years of age
– winter hardy, can withstand frost up to -5 °F
– in native surroundings 25 – 35 meters height
– cultivated in domestic gardens up to 10 meters height
– culm diameter from 8 – 18 cm
– suitable as privacy protection instead of a wall or fence in gardens
– rapid self-reproduction by way of rhizomes
– needs a lot of space and grows quickly
This is a natural product. Therefore, we do not guarantee a sprout or germ for seeds since the conditions under which sowing by the customer is made can not be assessed or influenced by us.
GIANT BAMBOO seeds – ca.60 Seeds/bag
Grows 8 to 10 meters in record speed – well suited as visibility or wind protection in the garden
Phyllostachys pubescens Moso – “King of the Bamboos”
winter hardy, can withstand frost up to -5 °F
incl. germinating instructions – We guarantee: this item will be shipped within 24 hours after placing your order